Wednesday, July 29, 2015

1.8 My Writting Process

  1.  I would consider myself a sequential composer. I believe I take a fair amount of time to think and plan before I write, but it also takes a lot of revision before I come up with a final draft. When I am given a writing assignment the first thing I do is start to think it out and write down all the information I'll need to collect my thoughts. Then I start to write, taking the essay piece by piece. I tend to have to go back and change my opening paragraph to fit my essay when I'm done because I change it a lot just while writing. My final stage is a revision where I make a lot of changes along with the inevitable spelling and grammar corrections.
  2. I believe that when I write I use all four types of writing, heavy planner, heavy reviser, sequential composer and procrastination. The most sequential composer and the least procrastination. Depending on the type of essay my approach to writing my differ. On a topic of opinion I find that I use mostly the heavy revision and procrastination, but on a more factual writing assignment I will use much more heavy planning and a fair amount of revising and fact checking. 
  3. I find that recently my writing has improved tremendously and I think it is due to my increasing shift to being a sequential composer. When I write it helps me to be balanced in all sections to stay focused and on topic. The biggest flaw in my writing is when I procrastinate, it effects my writing very negatively. 
  4. I think the way I'm going about writing right now is the most beneficial for me. I would love to eliminate procrastination completely from my life, but that isn't an instant solution to the holes in my writing.  I feel the more I balance myself between planning and revising the better my work will be.  
 After reading my peers writing processes I saw that procrastination seems to be the biggest issue with many writers. Procrastination can do many different things to a writer, it can get you off topic, make your writing jumbled and messy and even make you miss assignments. It seems like the solution across the board for it is to try your hardest to stay on topic and then heavily revise your papers when your done. I wish there was an easier way to get around it but its all in your own personal determination. I read Felicia Maldonado's thoughts on being a heavy reviser and agreed with her that heavy revising is affective, but personally I need both preparation and revising to get through an essay. I also read Michael Dominguez's " My Writing Process" and saw that he struggles with procrastination which seems to be a large scale problem with all kinds of writers, including myself.
"Student Typing Keyboard Text Woman Startup" 02/15/2015 via pixabayPublic Domain Dedication License 
 

2 comments:

  1. Procrastination is a huge skeleton inside every writers closet. It happens to everyone at some point and you are absolutely right, it does effect our work. It's important to keep on pushing through our tiredness and complete the assignment in a timely manner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent Blog! I would like to thank for the efforts you have made in writing this post. I am hoping the same best work from you in the future as well. I wanted to thank you for this websites! Thanks for sharing. Great websites! themommyglow

    ReplyDelete