Saturday, August 29, 2015

D1HW9

Weekly Calendar Sheet

As I filled out my weekly calendar I started to realize how I spend my time and where I have more time than I realized for things like studying and homework. Every night my sleep schedule is pretty consistent, I go to bed between 12 am and 1 am and wake up between 7:30am and 9:30am. I always give myself a 2 hour period in the morning for getting ready, eating breakfast and walking to school with time to prep for class once on campus. I have lots of large gaps between classes and this is a time I can start my homework for the day. I eat all my meals at my sorority house so they are at the same time every day and easy to schedule around. Directly after class is my favorite time to study or do homework because I am still in the mood to work, I try to give myself time after classes because of this. I think my biggest chunk of poorly spent time is early evening. I tend to procrastinate then and loose focus. Hopefully as the school year starts to set in I will get better at managing my time through out the day.

"Paper Calendar Planner Pen Schedule Organizer" 01/21/2015 via Pixabay. Public Domain Dedication


After reading and looking at the schedules of my classmates I realize that we are all very busy college students and I'm not the only person juggling a full calender. The one thing I noticed while reading Oscar Acosta's post was that he likes to do his homework Monday, Wednesday, Friday and on the weekends. I tend to just do my homework during any free time I have on week days. Between classes, during lunch or at night, I really don't mind I just prefer to make sure its done before the weekend so I can have some free time. Sundays are always study and reading days for me. Stephanie Vicenti had a schedule I could relate to, hard working weeks with time on the weekend.





3 comments:

  1. Directly after class is a great time to do homework. I do that myself and it works much better than waiting until night. I also find doing homework on campus helps me a lot as well. At home I have dogs and cats and videogames to distract me. If I just go over to the library to do homework, it's easier to focus.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just as Jon, i believe that doing your work after class is very effective. Hopefully i can incorporate some of that into my routine. I agree that its much harder to motivate yourself to do work at other times of the day. If possible i suggest doing some of your work on a Sunday rather then early evenings, it might be more successful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I tend to feel drained after working a full time job all day and have to gear myself up to study. Having a very busy schedule as yourself leaves little downtime. Keeping yourself motivated takes work and your calendar reflects that.

    ReplyDelete